After a fantastic weekend, it’s going to be nice again today and then a bit iffy for a few days. It’s already busy on the beach, with swimmers in from 05.30 and Liam Maher getting this lovely shot.
Myrtleville, May 16 – 05.30
Liam was in with Bernard Lynch, who’s enjoying the good weather so much he’s offering crazy prices on his ice lols down Crosshaven way. You’d think it was 1979 or something – when lol meant one of these and not text-speak.
Enjoy the sea but swim safe – watch out for boats and jetskis and be visible.
Darkness into Light UPDATE.
Saturday 14th May (this Sat).
Checkin by 4.45am at very latest. (Bottom of steps – away from houses – ROB Bohane is your man.)
Quick safety briefing 4.55am on Beach.
TITW (toes in the water) at 5.00am.
Max 30mins swimming (min, whatever you want!).
CHECKOUT when exiting the water. (With Rob).
Donation box will be for Pieta House.
PLEASE PLEASE…. RESPECT THE NEIGHBOURS. BEFORE, DURING, AFTER THE SWIM. 👍
DON’T BANG DOORS.🙈
NOISE TRAVELS IN DEAD OF NIGHT.🙉
Remember your glow sticks and torch.
DON’T swim in huge groups, voices travel over water. Stick to 2’s/3’s.
Remember the sleeping people near by. 😴
Tide will be going out (low water 06:22).🌊
Civil twilight 05:00. 🌙
Sunrise is 05:41 🌞
See you there. Team DILSWIM 2016.
Carol/Angela/Donna/Rob and more!
With the Bulman swim on Saturday opening the season, all 67 of the participants can now use that as a qualifier for the RNLI swim on June 18 🙂
The 2016 RNLI Myrtleville to Church Bay (entrance to Cork Harbour) 2km open water sea swim will take place on Saturday, June 18th at 3.00pm.
Participants must have submitted their entry online. We can’t accept entries on the day.
Enter here: RNLI Myrtleville-Church Bay 2016 Entries on Active
From Carol Cashell, Paschal Horgan & Liam Maher:
The Active link is available to book into the Rebel Plunge Swim, on Thursday June 9th @ 7pm.
This Inaugural Event is taking place in conjunction with Cork Harbour Festival Week (Ocean to City).
- The 3.8km swim will start from Blackrock village (Cork Boat Club Slip) and finish on the Pontoon by the Port of Cork.
- It will be run on an incoming tide.
- We have finger food arranged for afterwards (as it’s a weeknight!).
- When you sign up you will be asked for your 2km time and that you can complete the 3.8km in under 1hr45min.
- Early Bird price ends soon, please sign up asap – we do have a limit on entries, so don’t wait until last minute (and NO entries allowed on the day – no matter who you know!).
- You do not have to be a Swim Ireland Club Member to Enter. Wetsuit/Skins both welcome.
- Ideal for triathletes training for Ironman etc.
You’ll find us on Facebook too – search The Rebel Plunge 2016 (thanks to Barry O’Sullivan for the name!) or just click here.