We had a special guest visit this Monday – Lucky normally swims on a Thursday night. He came down for a photo opportunity with James Slowey before his UltraMarathon in Dingle next weekend (that’s James doing the Ultra, not Lucky)………
UPDATE: James completed the 50 (Fifty!) mile Ultra marathon – including the Conor Pass in gale force winds – in 7 hours 12 minutes. Fantastic performance.
Lucky Duck – regular Myrtleville Swimmer
Since it hasn’t been seen much, here’s what it should be like in August. 8am August, 26: nice view at the end of a swim.
4 hr swim – 23 August
Thanks to Alan Craughwell for the pic at the end of Crosshaven – Fountainstown – Myrtleville & two triangles around the Dutchman. 13k – 4 hours. A bit rough at times. Great swim.
Planned swim times for Myrtleville Beach. NOTE: IF THE FORECAST IS BAD, WE MAY SWIM CROSSHAVEN-CAMDEN AND NOT AT MYRTLEVILLE (OTHER THAN MONDAY) SO PLEASE CHECK IN ADVANCE THROUGH THE GOOGLE GROUP. Although a group usually assembles at the listed times, this is not guaranteed. Swim at your own risk. Don’t swim alone. Always swim in groups.
- Monday, August 27: 18:00
- Tuesday, August 28: 06:30
- Wednesday, August 29: 06:30
- Thursday, August 30: 06:30
- Friday, August 31: Ballycotton Island swim
- Saturday, September 1: Crosshaven Challenge
- Monday, September 3: 18:00
- Tuesday, September 4: 06:30
- Wednesday, September 5: 06:30
- Thursday, September 6: 06:30
- Monday, September 10: 18:00
- Tuesday, September 11: 06:30
- Wednesday, September 12: 06:30
- Thursday, September 13: 06:30
- Saturday, September 15: 07:00
- Monday, September 17: 18:00
- Tuesday, September 18: 06:30
- Wednesday, September 19: 06:30
- Thursday, September 20: 06:30
- Saturday, September 22: 07:30
- Monday, September 24: 18:00
- Saturday, September 29: 07:30
15 August 2012
Bernard Lynch verified it isn’t swimmable just now on the beach! Also that day, fantastic footage off Myrtleville by Safehaven Marine testing the new Cork Pilot:
15 August, 2012
15 August 2012
Thought it deserved a mention – warm water, imagine that!
Myrtleville regular, Carol Cashell, showed how it’s done with a fantastic third place overall finish in the 25th International Tran Self-Transcendence Marathon Swim in Lake Zurich 2012.
She was 2nd lady home in a time of 7 hrs 39 for the 26km swim. A truly amazing performance. She might even be signing autographs at her Ballycotton Island swim on August 31, so get your entries in! See the link for the swim above.
Well done Carol, inspirational!