RNLI swim – cancelled / moved / changed

The RNLI swim to Church Bay won’t go ahead on July 8th.  For any swim this year, it’s more than likely that we would have 200+ people on the beach, so that means waiting until after July 20th, at least, to run any event. 

As previously notified, we aren’t going to have a timed event this year.  We have now also decided to try to tie in a swim event with the arrival of the new buoys (supposedly mid-July, based on latest updates from the supplier).  That means (shock/horror), we won’t be having an event that goes from Myrtleville to Church Bay.  Instead, we will have a more relaxed lap-of-the-buoys event.  We will probably have a bucket for donations to the RNLI, but will not have pre-event entries.

Anyone who has entered through Nifty Entries for July 8 will receive an email in the coming week or so about their options on the entry fee paid.

We will probably schedule the event at a week’s notice, once the buoys are in and the weather is favourable.

For the swim to Church Bay – tune in next year 🙂

Pat and Antoinette finished – in the pre-Covid days.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s